Our family along with four other families took a week off from the real world to enjoy the sand and sea! It was nice to be forced to slow down and take everything in without thinking about laundry, bills, cleaning etc. During the week Clay and I spent every minute of every day with the boys. There was no playroom, no Gam or Nana, very little TV-except for Alvin and the Chipmunks....only quality time! Over the course of the week I was forced to come to terms with two things...Miles is no longer a toddler...he is a little boy! Barnes is no longer a baby-He is a toddler! I am a little sad about it but, I am so proud of the little people they have become. Miles says and does the wisest things! He is moving and speaking like a big boy. He was diving into Liz's birthday cake with Sara Preston and he was distracted by something...he goes back over to the cake and says, "Lets get back to business Sae Sae!" He is so helpful and caring. He shares (most of the time) and is just all around pleasant. He soaked up every minute of vacation! Miles never napped-never rested until bedtime! He has gained such confidence in everything he does! He is usually so fearful in the water but this week he just swam like a fish (with a life jacket of course).
Barnes on the other hand is entering the two's! He is still as sweet as sugar but he loves to have his very own way! He adores his cousins Bradley, Luke, Lan, and Sae Sae and all of his close friends! He wants to do whatever Miles does which is so scary! He is his own little person! I really love that he loves!
Clay and I always talk about how thankful we are to have two sweet, healthy, happy children. Just watching them enjoy all of the little things the beach has to offer is just another example of our daily blessings!
I am going to post pictures of our week! I didn't take as many as I would have liked because water and two small children make me nervous, but I did take a few!
1 comment:
It is scary when the little one wants to copy the big brother! William is the same way. Sunday he was jumping off the diving board just like Edward. I was scared to death, but he LOVED it!
Glad you had a good time at the beach.
Melissa
Post a Comment